USB-ED is geared and ready to deliver seamless remote learning in place of face-to-face or blended delivery
UNCERTAINTY SURROUNDING STATUS OF NATIONAL COVID-19 LOCK-DOWN
As we approach the 2021 academic year, it is due to the uncertainty surrounding the national Covid-19 lock-down status that USB-ED may, in the interests of health and safety, have no alternative but to transition all scheduled 2021 Blended Learning and/or Face-to-Face programmes to Remote Learning via Zoom. USB Executive Development is committed to protecting the health and safety of our participants as our first priority.
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO: YOUNG MINDS PROGRAMME 2021 (BLENDED):
Deadline for notice of Remote Learning transition status by USB-ED:
In the event that Face-to-Face delivery is prohibited by law, or stringent Covid-19 protocols render Face-to-Face learning unviable or unsafe, the Young Minds Programme 2021 full syllabus will be transitioned to Remote Learning via Zoom. Should this action be taken, USB-ED will endeavour to provide a relative programme fee adjustment, in as far as possible*. USB-ED contracts to notify all registered and paid 2021 participants of this outcome in writing by Friday, 29 January 2021.
Deadline for provision of written notice of withdrawal from Young Minds Programme 2021:
Should any registered participants wish to withdraw from the programme on the basis of the transition to Remote Learning, written notice must be received by the Programme Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before Friday, 5 February 2021 in order for the full programme fee to be refunded.
*USB-ED is not liable for any costs incurred in relation to the procurement of, nor the commitment to, private accommodation in Stellenbosch. Private accommodation arrangements are entered into at the participant's own risk.
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO: ADVANCED MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES (FACE-TO-FACE / BLENDED):
In the event that face-to-face learning is prohibited, or deemed unviable, the following BLENDED / FACE-TO-FACE Open Enrolment programmes will potentially be transitioned to Remote learning via Zoom:
1. Executive Development Programme: Starting 7 June 2021 | Cape Town
2. Senior Management Development Programme: Starting 12 April 2021 | Cape Town 1
3. Senior Management Development Programme: Starting 31 May 2021 | Cape Town 2
4. Senior Management Development Programme: Starting 15 March 2021 | Johannesburg 1
5. Senior Management Development Programme: Starting 21 June 2021 | Johannesburg 2
6. Senior Management Development Programme: Starting 26 July 2021 | Durban
7. Management Development Programme: Starting 22 February 2021 | Cape Town 1
8. Management Development Programme: Starting 17 May 2021 | Cape town 2
9. Management Development Programme: Starting 12 April 2021 | Johannesburg 1
10. Management Development Programme: Starting 21 June 2021 | Johannesburg 2
11. Management Development Programme: Starting 19 April 2021 | Durban
12. New Managers' Development Programme: Starting 12 April 2021 | Durban
13. New Managers' Development Programme: Starting 19 July 2021 | Cape Town 2
14. New Managers' Development Programme: Starting 19 April 2021 | Johannesburg
Please click here to view the 2021 Programme Calendar for more info on the 2021 Open Enrolment programme schedule.
How does Remote Learning work in practicality?
Remote Learning, via the Zoom virtual platform, is live, synchronised learning, and attendance at the pre-scheduled sessions is compulsory. Rest assured that USB-ED, as well as the University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB), is ready and well equipped to enable this shift. We have had the required infrastructure and support systems in place for some time and we will do everything we can to ensure that, as a participant, you are effortlessly able to engage in the Remote Learning environment. Our faculty, Learning Process Facilitators (LPFs) and relevant staff have received both technical and engagement training in order to ensure that your learning experience is not diminished in any way, in fact we advocate that it will be augmented as a result.
Remote Learning Toolkit:
Please click here to access our Remote Learning Toolkit, a guide to better inform you of what the Remote Learning process will entail.
Be assured we are continuously monitoring the ever-changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and we remain committed to delivering an internationally bench-marked learning experience.
OPEN ENROLMENT PROGRAMMES:
t: +27 21 918 4222
Ilonka van Vuuren
t: +27 011 460 6984
t: +27 82 415 8484
t: +27 21 918 4347
Charmaine Mitchell / Bernard Taylor
t: +27 21 918 4488 / +27 11 460 6989