The Senior Management Development Programme (SMDP) is a cutting-edge senior management course that broadens managers’ worldviews, with empowering resilience in a dynamic business environment. Become equipped with a design mindset and explore strategic management concepts around innovation, collaboration, organisational change and business agility in a complex world.
Who is this course for?
The SMDP course is best suited for senior managers from any industry who are interested in developing a strategic leadership mindset and acquiring the ability to sense and respond to new business models.
Why choose this course?
In a rapidly changing environment, organisations are being exposed to a completely new way of working. Over the course of 6 months, this senior management training will empower you with the tools to:
- Develop leadership thinking
- Explore strategic concepts and integrative strategy
- Evaluate new frameworks and tools to support sustainable business
- Interpret the challenges of globalisation and its effect on business
- Assess and report on the financial viability of organisations
- Develop foresight and navigate shifts in organisational forms
- Determine the importance of changing business models
- Formulate strategies for customer value creation using design thinking
- Apply project management tools and techniques to plan and execute projects efficiently and effectively
- Interpret and demonstrate the relationship between various strategic, operational and leadership themes
What our learning partners had to say
I had a lot of fun (and) I have seen a lot of improvement on my report writing. In respect of strategy for my business unit, I have taken a lot of ownership in terms of updating our strategy and presentations.Lungisani Mthethwa
It enabled me to operate at a senior management level by removing me from the day-to-day operations of my team. I got to use the time in class - away from the office - to reflect on my immediate role and on the organisation as a whole through learning from faculty and peers.Langa Manqele
The SMDP has given me a more complete view of the workplace and provided me with a better understanding of how the many different components come together to create the best synergy. It added a great deal of personal value to me by developing my strategic thinking – the programme requirements forced me to consider new challenges and situations through a different lens. The programme provided various challenges that developed and honed my management and leadership skills for the better. It encouraged me to explore more opportunities outside my current scope of influence, become a critical thinker and be a lifetime learner.Deon Smit
Before this programme, many people had always told me that it takes strategic thinking to grow through the ranks in a corporate structure. I would always ask - How do I do that? How do I think strategically? This programme answered that question for me.Themba Zondi