As exponential environmental change becomes a reality, organisations are increasingly exposed to a new generation of organisational concepts and technologies. A paradigm shift in terms of new management and strategic leadership thinking is required. Senior managers will need to place greater emphasis on developing resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and acquire the ability to sense and respond to new business models.
The Africa Senior Management Development Programme (SMDP) broadens the worldviews of senior managers and empowers them to be resilient in a dynamic business environment. It focuses on framing the challenges of a changing business and organisational landscape, equipping participants with a design mind set as they explore strategic concepts around innovation, sustainability, collaboration, project work, organisational change and business agility.
Who is this course for?
This programme is suited to senior managers from any industry who are needing to develop a strategic and design-thinking mindset, as well as develop leadership resilience in a VUCA environment.
Why choose this course?
In today’s rapidly changing environment, organisations are being exposed to entirely new ways of working. Over the course of 6 months, this senior management training empowers you with the tools to:
- Explore strategic concepts and illustrate the integrative nature of strategy.
- Analyse the reasons why sustainability has become the key business challenge of the 21st century.
- Interpret the challenges of opening new markets and the implication of a change in one or more macro-economic forces on business.
- Assess the financial viability of an organisation and recommend action steps for improvement.
- Demonstrate foresight in navigating a rapidly shifting landscape of organisational forms and future skills requirements.
- Explore and develop strategies to respond to the challenges of a diversified workforce and use enhanced transformational leadership thinking to engage talent in the organisation.
- Analyse ways in which to optimize the workforce to execute on the organisation’s strategy.
- Formulate strategies for developing strategic relationships and creating value for the customer using innovation and design thinking.
- Analyse current marketing trends and utilise that information to create a marketing strategy.
- Motivate the importance of leveraging disruptive technologies and business intelligence to make informed business decisions.
- Determine the impact of economic policy decisions on strategies.
What our learning partners had to say
I had a lot of fun (and) I have seen a lot of improvement on my report writing. In respect of strategy for my business unit, I have taken a lot of ownership in terms of updating our strategy and presentations.Lungisani Mthethwa
It enabled me to operate at a senior management level by removing me from the day-to-day operations of my team. I got to use the time in class - away from the office - to reflect on my immediate role and on the organisation as a whole through learning from faculty and peers.Langa Manqele
The SMDP has given me a more complete view of the workplace and provided me with a better understanding of how the many different components come together to create the best synergy. It added a great deal of personal value to me by developing my strategic thinking – the programme requirements forced me to consider new challenges and situations through a different lens. The programme provided various challenges that developed and honed my management and leadership skills for the better. It encouraged me to explore more opportunities outside my current scope of influence, become a critical thinker and be a lifetime learner.Deon Smit
Before this programme, many people had always told me that it takes strategic thinking to grow through the ranks in a corporate structure. I would always ask - How do I do that? How do I think strategically? This programme answered that question for me.Themba Zondi