The Master Class in Scenario Planning, presented in association with the Institute for Futures Research (IFR), offers stimulating and critical thinking opportunities, in which to address various business challenges by making use of future scenario planning methodologies. After completing this master class, students will walk away with a better understanding of the differences between scenario planning, forecasting and trend analysis, as well as how to implement a scenario planning process.
Who is this course for?
This master class is designed to assist senior managers and executives who are responsible for strategic planning and developing strategies and scenarios in their organisations.
Why choose this course?
The future of every organisation relies heavily on the ability of its senior management to make great decisions and predictions. In this captivating class, you’ll become equipped with the right future scenario planning techniques and expertise that will assist in your decision-making abilities. After completion, you’ll be equipped to:
- Explain the difference between scenario planning, forecasting and trend analysis
- Explain and judge the purposes of scenario planning
- Determine the optimal scenario planning methodology to be used in your respective environments
- Practice and apply the tools and techniques needed to develop different scenarios
- Execute the scenario planning process successfully in an area of interest
- Explain the role of scenario planning in the strategic management process
What our learning partners had to say
During the next eighteen months, our organisation is set to undergo tremendous change. The methodology that was covered, as well as the strategic tools that were provided to us, will enable me to successfully navigate the upcoming transition. I found this programme very, very helpfulStuart Kearsey