Learn how to analyse, draw up a project plan, manage and execute projects of any kind and size, in any industry. The Project Management programme provides the mandatory tools needed to assess and determine situations which warrant a project management approach. Gain an invaluable understanding of how to respond to the needs of a modern business environment in a practical, guided way, all within the context of strategic business management.
Who is this course for?
This project management training course is best suited to middle to senior managers looking to gain the crucial project management skills that will enhance their project planning abilities.
Why choose this course?
The Managing Projects Programme is based on the PMBOK process groups and PRINCE2® principles, in which you’ll learn to apply project management philosophy, principles and techniques that enable you to plan, analyse, measure progress, control and report on any project, in any industry. Over the course of this programme, you will be equipped to:
- Distinguish and interpret the relationship between organisation strategy and project management, as well as differentiate between various categories of projects
- Interpret and apply the interrelatedness of performance, duration and cost relationships in a project, with respect to the project management scoping process
- Explain how the various project roleplayers relate to each other in a matrix organisation, defining and discussing the responsibilities of each
- Apply a comprehensive scoping process, understanding that the rigorous formulation of the scope of a project is a critical success factor in its execution
- Formulate the scope of any project, including validating any assumptions made, evaluate foreseeable risks, as well as determine the mitigating actions required
- Develop the budget of a project from the various types of costs as they relate to the activity, the project and the corporate context
- Monitor the actual cost and schedule progress of a project in comparison to the planned cost and progress
- Interpret the meaning of the variances, diagnose the cause of the variances, suggest remedial measures, make a prognosis of and forecast the eventual outcome of the project in terms of budget and schedule
What our learning partners had to say
Although Fortune Magazine has described Project Management as the number one career choice, it takes hard work and determination to become successful. If you are an individual aspiring to embrace one of the most challenging career options, our Managing Projects programme will capacitate you with knowledge and skills to embrace the challenges of a project management career with confidenceMC Botha