As a strategic management course, the Management Development Programme (MDP) is packed with material that focuses on broadening one’s self-awareness and leadership attributes, while enhancing the necessary managerial skills required in the ever-changing business environment. Managers have the opportunity to become equipped with the insights needed for sound business integration, best management practices and how to apply strategic thinking in every decision that is made.
Who is this course for?
Tailored for all managers from any industry, the MDP is valuable for those who are responsible for managing various business units and are ready to dive deep into management development. This course empowers managers to reinforce their managerial skill set and business acumen.
Why choose this course?
This course empowers you, as a manager, to reinforce your managerial skill set and business acumen, while facilitating integration across various business units. On it, you will learn how to:
- Translate business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking into improved organisational performance
- Explain the basic operations of an economy and discuss key economic concepts used in everyday economic reports
- Read, understand and interpret financial statements to determine the financial health of an organisation
- Prepare and manage a budget for a department or organisation
- Utilise an understanding of market segmentation to best position a product offering to the customer
- Translate digital marketing and social media insights into effective customer service management practices
- Demonstrate leadership competence through a heightened sense of curiosity and a willingness to drive a culture of innovation, learning, and continuous improvement
- Promote diversity and employee engagement through an improved understanding of leadership and human resources management practices
What our learning partners had to say
This course has taught me to manage my time more effectively and to be able to work with different personalities, which had a big impact on both my work and my personal life.Meghan Baros
First of all I would like to say the MDP is an amazing an journey to a new world of greatness. As leaders in our development leadership journey we never actively nor consciously think about the changes we are embarking on and as such we always stick to the same recipes even when the recipe does not fit the new menu.The MDP gave me insightful awareness which has geared me up to achieve the required current and future operational and strategic outcomes in my organisation.Siyabulela Komanisi
The Management Development Programme (MDO) has taught me time management, focus, and transparency in leadership.Phamela Mengana
I have made long-lasting friendships and have gained insight which accelerated my professional career.Ntomb’zenhlanzeko Cele
The Management Development Programme (MDP) was very enlightening, so much that I went on to register for my MBA to take the concepts even further.Walter Lumadi
Go for it! The programme is so incredibly valuable! There’s so much that I learned from it that I have integrated into my own daily routine. You will surely learn practical ways to become the best manager/leader you can be. It has certainly capacitated me to become the best young, agile leader that I can be both for myself and my team. So, go for it and thank me later!Kim Jonas
This course has the ability to incorporate all types of models to achieve being a leader, as well as grow future leaders. It is an exceptionally beneficial course, and I would highly recommend it, simply because you have the ability to become a leader yourself and the opportunity to grow future leaders.Raeesa Mohamed