As a strategic management course, the Management Development Programme (MDP) is packed with material that focuses on broadening one’s self-awareness and leadership attributes, while enhancing the necessary managerial skills required in the ever-changing business environment. Managers have the opportunity to become equipped with the insights needed for sound business integration, best management practices and how to apply strategic thinking in every decision that is made.
Who is this course for?
Tailored for all managers from any industry, the MDP is valuable for those who are responsible for managing various business units and are ready to dive deep into management development. This course empowers managers to reinforce their managerial skill set and business acumen.
Why choose this course?
This course empowers you, as a manager, to reinforce your managerial skill set and business acumen, while facilitating integration across various business units. On it, you will learn how to:
- Translate business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking into improved organisational performance
- Explain the basic operations of an economy and discuss key economic concepts used in everyday economic reports
- Read, understand and interpret financial statements to determine the financial health of an organisation
- Prepare and manage a budget for a department or organisation
- Utilise an understanding of market segmentation to best position a product offering to the customer
- Translate digital marketing and social media insights into effective customer service management practices
- Demonstrate leadership competence through a heightened sense of curiosity and a willingness to drive a culture of innovation, learning, and continuous improvement
- Promote diversity and employee engagement through an improved understanding of leadership and human resources management practices
What our learning partners had to say
My personal and professional development as a result of the USB-Ed MDP has been immeasurable. Not only was the training and experience gained through this programme a direct conduit towards my appointment as Director of Operations at Butlers Point of Sale Logistics, but the MDP further allowed me the opportunity to identify my strengths and weaknesses in a personal capacity, permitting the skills to acknowledge and accept of my weaknesses, whilst capitalising on my strengths as a business professional, academic, and leader in the 21st century.Dr Johannes van Staden-Slabbert
I will recommend these courses to any personwho intends to educate and further themselves in any managerial position being an advantage for personal development as well.Romalan Govender
The insights which I gained (from) doing the MDP have proved invaluable in my everyday work life. I often find myself assessing my leadership style, considering how best to share and develop with my staff. I would encourage anyone considering the MDP to do it!Anna Chevreau
I consider myself truly fortunate to have been afforded an opportunity by my employer to be part of the MDP programme. It has been such an eye opener and has re-ignited my passion for learning and the thrill I get from intellectual stimulation.Nompumelelo Nkonde
For me, the Management Development programme was brilliant, in that it not only provides you with a fundamental theory basis, but it also allows for an individual to apply the learnings practically. I took this into account and applied my learnings to my current work situation. One of the key learnings for me in management and people skills, are that not all people are the same.Shane Chinasamy