Take management to great heights, with the Africa Management Development Programme (MDP). This strategic management course is packed with material focusing on broadening managers’ self-awareness, leadership attributes and management skills required in the ever-changing business environment. Equip managers with the insights needed for sound business integration, best management practices and how to apply strategic thinking in every decision that is made.
Who is this course for?
Managers from any industry, who are responsible for managing various business units and ready to dive deep into management development. This course will empower managers to reinforce their managerial skill set and business acumen.
Why choose this course?
The MDP enables managers to reinforce their managerial skill set and business acumen, and facilitates integration across various business units. This course will empower managers to reinforce their managerial skill set and business acumen.
- Translate business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking into improved organisational performance
- Explain the basic operations of an economy and discuss key economic concepts used in everyday economic reports
- Read, understand and interpret financial statements to determine the financial health of an organisation
- Prepare and manage a budget for a department or organisation
- Utilise an understanding of market segmentation to best position a product offering to the customer
- Translate digital marketing and social media insights into effective customer service management practices
- Demonstrate leadership competence through a heightened sense of curiosity and a willingness to drive a culture of innovation, learning, and continuous improvement
- Promote diversity and employee engagement through an improved understanding of leadership and human resources management practices
What our learning partners had to say
With the advent of digitisation and the 4th Industrial revolution, we cannot lead the way we have in the past. It has become necessary for us, as leaders, to refine our skills so as best to support our teams into the future. The MDP programme gave me the skills and perspective to help guide and prepare my team for this “future fit”. On a personal level, the interaction with the various subject matter experts reignited my hunger to learn and invest more in my own personal development. I can’t wait to do the SMDP programme!Mario Arendse
Woolworths Financial Services
MDP is the best training I have ever undergone in the 35 years of my career. The course covers all aspects of an organization, finance, marketing, human resource management, you name it. The training helped me pass an assessment for a higher position. The course sharpened my management skills especially people management. Most importantly it transformed me into looking and handling issues professionally.Kemoneiloe Patricia Pheresi
The MDP has (given me) insight (into) the economic dynamics of business.Mpendulo Donono
For me, the Management Development programme was brilliant, in that it not only provides you with a fundamental theory basis, but it also allows for an individual to apply the learnings practically. I took this into account and applied my learnings to my current work situation. One of the key learnings for me in management and people skills, are that not all people are the same.Shane Chinasamy
I consider myself truly fortunate to have been afforded an opportunity by my employer to be part of the MDP programme. It has been such an eye opener and has re-ignited my passion for learning and the thrill I get from intellectual stimulation.Nompumelelo Nkonde
Upon completion of the MDP, my interpretation of the workplace changed instantly. The programme is detailed and ensures that one reaches the relevant touchpoints within his or her work environment. It takes one’s leadership to another level, as well as ensures that one is knowledgeable of different departments within the organisation.Advise Fele
The insights which I gained (from) doing the MDP have proved invaluable in my everyday work life. I often find myself assessing my leadership style, considering how best to share and develop with my staff. I would encourage anyone considering the MDP to do it!Anna Chevreau