As a strategic management course, the Management Development Programme (MDP) is packed with material that focuses on broadening one’s self-awareness and leadership attributes, while enhancing the necessary managerial skills required in the ever-changing business environment. Managers have the opportunity to become equipped with the insights needed for sound business integration, best management practices and how to apply strategic thinking in every decision that is made.
Who is this course for?
Tailored for all managers from any industry, the MDP is valuable for those who are responsible for managing various business units and are ready to dive deep into management development. This course empowers managers to reinforce their managerial skill set and business acumen.
Why choose this course?
This course empowers you, as a manager, to reinforce your managerial skill set and business acumen, while facilitating integration across various business units. On it, you will learn how to:
- Translate business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking into improved organisational performance
- Explain the basic operations of an economy and discuss key economic concepts used in everyday economic reports
- Read, understand and interpret financial statements to determine the financial health of an organisation
- Prepare and manage a budget for a department or organisation
- Utilise an understanding of market segmentation to best position a product offering to the customer
- Translate digital marketing and social media insights into effective customer service management practices
- Demonstrate leadership competence through a heightened sense of curiosity and a willingness to drive a culture of innovation, learning, and continuous improvement
- Promote diversity and employee engagement through an improved understanding of leadership and human resources management practices
What our learning partners had to say
When I started with the MDP, I was very overwhelmed as I wasn't sure how I would manage my time with work, studies and a little baby. Ironically, this course has taught me to manage my time more effectively, to be able to work with different personalities which had a big impact on both my work as well as personal life.Meghan Barros
In my day to day activity of managing a team mostly consisting of Medical Officers, as a Senior Medical Officer, I was able to use my newly acquired management skills to analyze my teams needs individually and prepare a plan on how best to get more output from them. The learning was that ‘one glove doesn’t necessarily fit all. My teams productivity has since improved drastically. I am grateful to have gone through the MDP and highly recommend for other managers.Dr Tsaone Sekaname
MDP was very enlightening, so much that I went on to register for my MBA to take the concepts even further. It has helped me make better decisions at work as well and is very usefulWalter Lumadi