The Financial Management for Non-Financial Managers course offers a better understanding of the impact of operating decisions on the financial health of a business. Participants gain insight into capital budgeting and financial statement analysis, as well as cash flow analysis.
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at non-financial middle and senior managers.
Why choose this course?
Achieving effective workplace performance is only possible if middle managers and supervisors are able to deal effectively and promptly with leadership and team issues, and are equipped with the necessary skills to be effective in an environment where teamwork is important. Over the course of the programme, participants will be equipped to:
- Apply the basic concepts of financial management and financial decision-making
- Assess financial statements in such a way that the strengths and weaknesses therein can be identified
- Perform advanced financial ratio analysis and interpret the ratios
- Assess the cash flow position of an organisation
- Analyse and evaluate the financial viability of selected projects
- Explain the drivers of a company’s cost of capital and calculate the cost of capital
- Determine the value of a company based on the discounted cash flow method
- Prepare a budget
What our learning partners had to say
I’m now able to engage in meaningful finance discussions with my peers which never used to happen prior to this training, such discussions were always puzzling to me as in most cases I would go into meetings being confused and be even more confused after meetings, which totally defeated the purpose of attending those meetings in the first place. My understanding of financial statements has significantly improved after training, in both personal and professional spheres. The facilitator (Sulet Van Niekerk) was also very good with practical explanations during training.Philani Memela