The Doctoral Research Training Programme focuses on equipping participants with the necessary guidance, and skills required, to pursue doctoral studies across all fields of study.
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at prospective PhD candidates, as well as those individuals who have already started with doctoral research. The Doctoral Research Training Programme is highly valuable for PhD students enrolled at the University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB).
Why choose this course?
Worldwide, the demand for professionals with a business-related PhD is increasing. To complete a PhD successfully, candidates require high-level, advanced research competencies. Over the course of the programme, participants will be equipped to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the requirements of undertaking a doctoral study
- Be equipped to write a comprehensive research proposal or adjust their current proposal
- Develop an appreciation for the philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of research
- Develop the capacity to create a suitable methodology for their research study
- Gain exposure to the issues and learning philosophy surrounding the research design, types of data and research methods
- Be able to interpret the requirements for successfully presenting and defending a doctoral research proposal
What our learning partners had to say
The DRTP presented me with an opportunity to identify my research topic, conceptualize and develop my theoretical framework through a detailed and methodical approach. It helped to make the Ph.D. programme less daunting and [helped] participants to appreciate the rigorous work involved.Olusola Ajibona