This course frames project management at the strategic level and allows participants to apply the advanced technical project management skills related to schedule management through time/cost trade-offs, earned value management, and critical chain management to a strategic-level project.
The technical tools provided in this course will advance progress and keep cost measurements in order, so that managerial interventions may be identified and proposed to ensure project success. The course builds on the technical skills acquired in the Project Management Foundations in Practice (PMFP) course.
Who is this course for?
The course is targeted at established or experienced project managers that are upskilling themselves in order to lead projects at a strategic level.
Why choose this course?
The course provides participants with the advanced project management skills with technical tools that will advance progress and keep cost measurements in order, so that managerial interventions may be identified and proposed to ensure project success.
Over the course of 8 weeks, you will be equipped to:
- Frame projects within the strategic context of the organisation.
- Determine the advanced technical project management skills required to lead strategic-level projects.
- Formulate a strategic-level project schedule with the framework for time/cost trade-offs.
- Apply Earned Value Management methodology to a strategic-level project.
- Integrate the theory of critical chain management to manage the schedule of a strategic-level project.
- Utilise Microsoft® Project 2020 software (or similar applications) to manage a strategic-level project plan.